Medical Guidelines International
Health checkup will be conducted over a period of two days. All the tests and preliminary doctors' consultations will be conducted on the first day. The second day will comprise of compilation of all your test results and a comprehensive physician's consultation.
Additional investigation and consultations may be advised if the health screen results in detection/ discovery of an abnormality.
On completion of health check, a comprehensive medical summary will be submitted to you comprising of relevant diagnoses, recommendations etc.
Pre-health check Guidelines
A medical visa is issued by the government of India to every medical tourist. This visa can be extended for over one year. A patient who gets this extension, he or she can visit India on medical tour in India, three times in a year, accompanied by an attendant who can be a friends or a relative.
- To make the process of health checkup a pleasant experience, adhere to these guidelines.
- Abstaining from consuming alcohol at least 12 hours prior to health check is mandatory.
- Carry your medical records that are 1-3 years old and medical accessories like spectacles, hearing aid and other things you need in day to day use.
- Inform in advance if you want to undergo additional tests/ investigations/ procedures/ consultations at request or if required so that the Customer Care Executive can schedule your appointment.
- Inform the medical officer at the time of the Pre-Health Check Evaluation for suspected pregnancy or any other illness.
- Please do not apply cream, oil, or powder on your chest when you come for the check-up.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid wearing jewellery like necklaces/ chains.
- Wear sports shoes for the Treadmill test (Stress test).
- Arrive early at the hospital as the day will be full of medical tests and investigations.
Radiological investigations (X-rays) are not advised in the early stages of pregnancy.
Mammography is usually not recommended for women less than 40 years of age.
You are advised not to undergo the health check during ongoing menstrual periods. The results of the urine examination and the PAP smear get altered during this period.
In case of any of the following, inform the customer care coordinator immediately:
- Present/ suspected pregnancy.
- Missed/ delayed periods.
- If you are menstruating, the PAP smear test cannot be done.
- Inform in advance if you are a diabetic/ cardiac patient.
- Kindly carry prescription/ medication along with you if you are taking any.
- If you are a Diabetic on medication, please take the medication as per your normal schedule.
- If you suffer from hypertension and take medication, please take the scheduled medication at 06: 30 am on the day of the checkup.
- If walking on a treadmill is difficult you will be offered Echo Cardiography in lieu of Treadmill Test (Stress Test).
- If you use contact lenses, please do not wear them on the day of health checkup.
- Men may be required to shave their chest for Treadmill Test (Stress Test).