Graduate of the prestigious madras medical college, passed out in 1981 and did M.S(gen.surg)1986 and Mch in surgical Gastro enterology 1995 from the same institute. Conferred with the Honorary FRCS from the Glasgow university in the year 2009. Joined Govt. service in the year 1986 and continues to be a teaching faculty. Author of more than 20 International publications.
Specialist in major gi surgeries like esophageal cancer,stomach cancer,colorectal cancer,liver tumors and pancreatic tumors. Most experienced surgeon in the field of heato biliary and pancreatic surgeries with more than 2000 surgeries Most experienced laparoscopic surgical procedures including bariatric surgery,gall stones,lap.fundoplications and other GI cancer surgeries.
- Joined the Tamilnadu medical services in the year 1986
- 1986-1987 medical officer ,Upgrade Primary health centre Perambakkam
- 1987-1988 Tutor in Surgical gastroenterology madras medical college and govt.general hospital
- 1988-1993 tutor in surgical gastro enterology Stanley medical college hospital
- 1993-1995 did Mch in Surgical Gastroenterology Madras medical college
- 1995-2008 Asst.professor/Reader Department of surgical gastroenterology Stanley medical college
- 2008 July-2008Dec Professor of Surgical gastro enterology Thanjavur Medical college
- 2008Dec - 2012 Professor of Surgical gastroenterology Kilpauk medical college/Govt.Royapettah hospital
- 2013 till date Professor /Director Institute of Surgical Gastroenterology Madars medical college/Rajiv Gandhi Govt.general hospital