Colon Cancer Treatment in India
About Colon Cancer
Colon cancer is the term commonly used to describe colo-rectal (or bowel) cancer. The colon is part of the intestines which consists of the small intestine (the section between the stomach and the appendix) and the large intestine (from the appendix to the anus). The large intestine is divided into the long colon and a short rectum, just before the anus. Two thirds of these cancers occur in the colon and one third in the rectum, with very few in the small intestine.
- Age: Like other cancers, colon cancer risk increases with age (over 50)
- Obesity: If you are overweight, your risk of colon cancer increases
- Alcohol: High alcohol intake is also known to increase the risk of the cancer
- Family history: If you have a family member with colon cancer then you are at risk of getting the cancer yourself
- Radiation: A very few percentage of cancer can be caused to people with cancer who have been treated with radiation
- Polyps in the bowel: Growth in the bowel (polyps) can become cancerous over a period of time
There are a variety of known symptoms of colon cancer including:
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Blood in the faeces
- Blockage of the bowel
- A lump in the back passage or abdomen
- Low level of red blood cells
- Persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain
- A feeling that your bowel doesn't empty completely
- Weakness or fatigue and unexplained weight loss
- There are several ways in which we can screen for colon cancer. Checking for blood in the faeces is one of the simplest methods known.
- Sigmoidoscopy: A more accurate but less pleasant method is sigmoidoscopy in which a flexible optical device is used to examine the inside of the rectum and colon.
- Colonoscopy: It is used to visually examine the inside of the colon. Usually, a barium enema is used to take an x-ray of the shape of the inside of the bowel
- Other techniques such as CT scanning or ultrasound can also be used to diagnose the spread of the cancer
- Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Stop smoking
- Maintain a healthy weight by exercising regularly
- According to research, the use of aspirin is linked with reduced polyps and colon cancer
- Regular checkups should be done if any of the family member has colon cancer
Colon cancer is treated with a good quality result by Cancer Therapy that works on the principle of Immunotherapy, a therapy that boosts the immune system and fights against the disease without any major side effects like hair loss, damage to normal cells, bone loss, etc. Line of treatment varies as per the type of cancer, its location and spread of the disease. Patients suffering from all stages (early or advance) and all types (primary or metastatic) of colon cancer can be treated by cancer healer therapy with great success. Treatment may be used alone or in conjunction with other treatments such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy, etc.
For more information please contact us at
Phone: +91-888 292 1234 / +91-9730 001 540